Tuesday, January 12, 2010

5. Christmas 2009



As much as Terra and I had concerns about Christmas this year it turned out to be a very nice holiday. I have always enjoyed Christmas. It is my second favorite holiday (Halloween being the first), and come Christmas Eve I always start to feel like a kid again. This year I let my excitement get the better of me and started wanting to open presents on Christmas Eve. Terra was very patient with me and asked that we wait till Christmas. So at 6:00AM I was wide awake and she again very patiently asked me to go back to sleep.

Once we got up we passed presents back and forth which was new for me. In my family we have generally just dived in and wrapping paper flew everywhere. It was only AFTER everything was opened that we saw what everyone else got. Even though this was different for me I liked passing gifts back and forth.

I was a little disappointed that I couldn't get Terra anything that was a huge surprise. She knew about most of her gifts for one reason or another. This doesn't mean she didn't like what I got her, but I do like surprising her, and I didn't feel I got to do that this year.

One funny thing that happened was over breakfast. My family has a tradition that we hang a wreath over the table and hang small but nice gifts from the wreath. I have always liked this tradition and asked if we could continue this tradition in our own home. Terra said we could and when the time came to open the wreath gifts we discovered that neither one of us had picked a good present for the other and both gifts needed to be exchanged. But we both laughed about it and had fun going to the store.

Over all Christmas was a good holiday this year and I am looking forward to many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment