Monday, January 4, 2010

1. 2010 Goals

Well 2010 is here, and I am left wondering where 2009 went. While I am happy to see 2009 die I am grateful for the experiences I had in 2009, and plan on taking the lessons of 2009 and using them to make 2010 the best year of my life to date. Now I know this sounds like a lot of "New Years Resolution BS", but it really is not. I have some very specific ideas for what I want 2010 to look like and I have already started working on making those ideas a reality. Here are a few of the things I am working to accomplish in 2010.

1. My number one goal is to work on bettering my relationship with my wife. As some of you know 2009 was a very hard year for us. Specifically 2009 was a hard year on her due to many poor decisions on my part. So my hope is to make 2010 the best year of our marriage so far. She has put a great deal of trust in me and I dont want that trust to be misplaced.

2. I have been working on writing a book for about a year now, and I have decided that I will finish the book in 2010. The story of this book has been in my head for several years now. I can remember as a child acting out some of the scenes from this story in my head when I would play with my toys. Over the years the story became more detailed and about a year ago I started putting several parts of it on paper. The story is science fiction and while I may or may not be able to publish it professionally I will at least have a finished copy by this time next year. Once I finish the book I will be trying to publish it, but I dont know if I will self publish or publish professionally.

3. Since I plan on finishing my book I know that I will need to practice my writing. So I have made a goal to do a bare minimum of 200 blog posts this year. This post being number one. I have also been asked to be a writer on blog called The Brain Bomb. While this blog is currently in production and not ready for viewers I will hold off on posting a link, but when the site is up and running I will.

4. This may seem like a small goal, but a couple years ago I started making my own chain mail shirt. While I am not doing live steel fighting anymore I would like to finish this project. What I do with the shirt after I am done is up in the air, but I do want to finish it.

5. I want to find at least 100 Geocaches by the end for the year.

6. I plan on joining a beginners hockey team once I gather up all the gear I need. The local ice rink sells everything I will need, but I plan on getting a list a hitting a play it again sports or ebay.

I am looking forward to 2010, it looks like its going to be a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment