Friday, August 21, 2009

Sleep Come Back

Today I find myself tired. Since taking this job I have been getting up very early, generally between 5-6. Now when a person is getting up that early every minute of sleep is important, and if you get woken up even 30 minutes early it can have a profound impact on your energy throughout the day.

For the last three mornings I have been woken up at 5:30 AM by my upstairs neighbor having VERY loud sex. Now those of you who know me well know that I am a very heavy sleeper. So to be woken up by someone one floor above me gives you an idea of how loud she really is.

Now just to clarify most apartments out here do not have air conditioning due to the weather being so cool here all year round, so many people (myself and the women above me included) sleep with their windows open.

Now I say the women is having sex, but the problem is I dont know if she really is. I know she is doing something sexual, but I dont know if its with someone or solo. I say this because she is all you can hear. Did I mention she is loud??

This morning I finally had to say something to her, when I saw we were leaving at the same time. Now she did come out with a guy, but it really didn't look like they were together. I pulled her aside and had the following conversation with her.

Me: Im sorry to bother you, but I live below you, and for the last three mornings you have woken me up.

Her: (after a brief pause, and then a sudden gasp) Im so sorry I didn't know anyone could hear me.

Me: (Im thinking to myself they could hear you in another state) Well I think its because your window is open. There is no need to be embarrassed, but if you could close your window in the morning that would be great.

Her: Yes I can do that, I would have done that before if I had known, but no one ever said anything to me before.

Me: (strange expression on my face) Well they were probably embarrassed

Now tomorrow I get to sleep in, and I must say that I really hope that my morning will be uninterrupted by the screams of my upstairs neighbor!

Heres to hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment