Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Running in the Dark

What an interesting day! No really, I know I have said that before, but this time I really mean it. My day started at 4:00AM this morning when my alarm went off, and I decided to show my alarm clock how I felt about that by throwing it across the room. Normally this would have made me feel better, BUT the alarm clock did not break, so it was still going off, only now it was on the other side of the room, forcing me to get out of bed.

An hour later I was in my truck heading to a job site in OR. Now I had called the foreman of the job and asked for directions. The conversation went something like this...

Foreman: Take I-5 to exit 38 in OR

Me: In OR or WA???

Foreman: OR

So at 5:00AM I am driving along and I get to the WA OR state line. Once I cross the border the next exit number is 309. Now at this point I know I am not suppose to drive almost 300 miles. So after repeated tries at calling the foreman with no response I decide to get back on I-5 and drive up to the exit 38 on the WA side of things.

Anyone want to guess what happened next??? There is no exit 38! There is an exit 36 and an exit 39. So I take exit 39. The next set of directions I was given was to take the 3rd ave exit. There once again is no 3rd ave exit. I passed a 3rd ave but it was an intersection. So I decided to turn onto 3rd ave. It turned into a dead end going both directions. Did I mention I still have not heard from the foreman?!?!

Long story short I did finally meet up with the crew, and did my inspections. On the way back I was on the phone talking to a friend of mine and the conversation went something like this...

Me: (referring to one of my coworkers getting pulled over yesterday)I would not want to be the cop to pull her over, it was a good thing for him that they knew each other.

Friend: How long has it been since you were pulled over?

Me: Not in a long time, knock on wood.

Friend: Your in a truck there is no wood.

Would anyone like to guess what happened 5 minutes later? Yep you guessed it, I was pulled over. WHY you ask, because, and I quote "I looked suspicious"

However I am grateful I only got a warning, and no ticket.

A short time after I pulled away from being pulled over I get a call from the office. The conversation goes something like this....

Bill: One of your safety personnel was injured on the job-site today.

Me: Your kidding right?

Yes ladies and gentleman one of my team, one of my own, a fellow safety professional was INJURED ON THE JOB-SITE!!!! In Japan isn't that grounds for ritual suicide! When I get back to the office I try and reach this member of my team. He is unavailable.

Its now 9:00PM and I have still not heard from him or gotten an update on his condition. I did get an email from the project manager of his site. Guess what the email said. So and So called and gave me an update. Thats it. That was the WHOLE email!

Im sitting here thinking thanks Im gald you got an update can I have one too?!?!?!

So seeing as it was a stressful day some co workers and I decided to grab a bite to eat. I had a great time, and am glad I went. Apparently I have been admitted into the "club". Which I think is a good thing, I wonder if there is a dress code...lol.

As much I as I enjoyed dinner it did put me behind on my evening run, but even though it was getting dark I decided to go anyways. Have any of you ever been running in the dark? Its a little creepy. Suddenly every horror thriller movie I have ever seen came flooding into my mind with amazing clarity! Any minute I excepted to look over my shoulder and see Jason Freddy, and the guy from scream all running towards me. And let me tell you I did look over my shoulder many a time.

So now I am watching a movie getting ready to close the evening out, and hoping that my upstairs neighbors dont decide to have sex tonight. They did last night. This time though they closed their window....It didn't help! You could still hear her on MARS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment